- Email Signup
- Contact Us
- Progressive Party Positions Table
- Take Our Polls
- Issues Poster
- Progressive Platform
- End Political Repression
- Progressive Party 2010 Voter Pamphlet Statement
- Environment (draft)
- Financial (draft)
- Foreign Relations (draft)
- Labor (draft)
- Market (draft)
- Political Reform (draft)
- Social Issues (draft)
- Register to Vote
- Be a Candidate
- Suggest Potential Candidates
- Candidate Questionnaire
- CD 1 Special Election, January 2012
- Our 2010 Candidates
- Walt Brown for Treasurer
- Rick Staggenborg for U.S. Senate
- Chris Henry for U.S. Representative
- Peter DeFazio for U.S. Representative
- Contribute . .
- . . on Your Tax Form
- Flyers, Buttons, Posters, Videos
Rally: Good Jobs for All! No Cuts!
Submitted by DavidDelk on Sun, 10/16/2011 - 22:56
Good Jobs for All! No Cuts!
March from Portland to Vancouver
Saturday, Oct. 22 at 11 am
Meet at the field just off I-5 Exit 308 to Jantzen Beach* to march across the I-5 bridge for a Noon Rally at Esther Short Park* in Vancouver
Many have participated in powerful Portland Rising events on April 16th and June 30th. This time it will be Portland Rising AND Vancouver Rising as we connect struggles on the two sides of the river. In addition to supporting union campaigns, we will also be sending a message to Senator Patty Murray, co-chair of the Congressional "Super-Committee," which is poised to make cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, that these programs should not be cut one cent!
The times have been changing in the last weeks. The occupations of Wall St., Portland, and other places are highlighting the fact that there are plenty of resources in our society - it is just that the 1% is grabbing all this abundance for themselves. At the very least, we have enough resources for good jobs for all and an enhanced safety net! Join us! This is a great time to come out and help make the changes we need.
* Portland meeting place: We will meet at the field just off of Northbound I-5 Exit 308. The field is on the East side of I-5, between the highway and Taco Bell. Parking is available on N. Jantzen Street. and other side streets. The #6 Tri-Met bus stops at N. Jantzen St. Go here for a map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205770129512450452304.0004ae4b0e00e...
* Esther Short Park is at West 6th and Esther Streets in Downtown Vancouver.