environmental protection, and grassroots democracy.
1. We have worked for real campaign finance reform. Oregon Democrats and Republicans have never enacted limits on political campaign contributions but have repealed voter-enacted limits 3 times. We are among the founding members of Honest Elections Oregon, which pursues campaign finance reform. See its website for much more information.
2. The initiative and referendum should be available to grass-roots efforts. The Democrat Secretary of State is now discarding over 30% of all voter signatures on initiative petitions due to arbitrary, hyper-technical, and unnecessary rules, raising the cost of petition drives so high that only corporations, unions and the very wealthy can afford to use it.
3. The State Treasurer should direct part of Oregon's $105 billion of investment funds to invest in local public works and jobs for Oregonians instead of vulture capitalists, corporate raiders, leveraged buyout artists, and fossil fuel corporations and vendors.
4. We want fair taxation. Oregon has the 4th highest income taxes of any state on lower-income working families and is still at the bottom in taxes on corporations.
5. We want to stop government promotion of gambling, including video poker, video slots, and approval of private casinos.
6. We oppose installation of police "spy cameras" and use of drones to spy on Oregon citizens.
7. We oppose using public money to subsidize rail transport of oil or coal through Oregon communities.
click on cartoon for large version
Oregon Progressive Groups
Alliance for Democracy
Fair Elections Oregon
Health Care for All Oregon
Or Fair Trade Campaign
Sierra Club, Oregon
Voter Power (Oregon)
Utility Reform Project
PNW Family Circle
Add Your Group Here
Local Political News
Capitol Watch (at SSJ)
Statesman-Journal on Govt
Gov't Page (Oregonian)
Oregon Politifact (Oregonian)
Capitol Currents (OPB)
Fairness/Accuracy in Reporting
International Shadow Project
Portland Peace & Justice Coalition
Yamhill Valley PeaceMakers